Thursday, October 1, 2009

Another Apple Butter in Crock Recipe

apples
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups white sugar (see note below)
1 cup brown sugar (see note below)
1/2 tsp cloves
1 T vanilla

This is a 2-day process.

Quarter the apples and take out the core. I did not peel, and picked out the skin later.
Put all of the quartered apples into your crockpot.
Add 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
When the cooking is done, mash the apples with a fork.
Pick out the skin with the fork.
Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves.

NOTE: I think this was too much sugar. It's good, and my kids really like it, but I feel I went too heavy with the sugar. Next time I will use 3/4 cup of each kind. My mistake came from reading other recipes that called for 3 cups of sugar, instead of going with my gut.

Cover again and cook on low for 6 hours.
Pick out more apple skin.
If you prefer your apple butter to be velvety-smooth, blend with an immersion blender, or blend in small batches in a traditional blender.

From http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/crockpot-apple-butter-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment